23 Aug

Hello, everyone! How are you this fine evening?

I am bushed, but I had a good day because I got to play volleyball! Before that, I had a pretty good, though uneventful day at work. I enjoyed a really nice lunch with Ashley at work today, though I had the exact same meal I had yesterday: arugula salad with chicken and cucumbers, a side of almonds, and two slices of rosemary bread.

I saw some soda in the fridge at the office and while I usually don’t drink soda, a 7Up just sounded really good on a hot day, so I grabbed to go with my usual water bottle. Ashley and I had a really good talk and I just generally enjoy being around her. The rest of the afternoon went by pretty quickly and then I hopped on a bus to get to the gym where the volleyball game was being played, which was in Cleveland Park, near the National Cathedral.

I had yet to visit the National Cathedral and when the bus let me off, I was just amazed by its majesty and beauty – truly one of my favorite architectural structures in the country.

I was a bit early, so I just took a few minutes to lay on the grass and enjoy the blue sky and fluffy clouds. It was a really nice day today and I felt lucky to be within such close proximity to so much beauty.

When game time finally came around, I met up with the guy who invited me to sub and he introduced me to the rest of the team. The level of play was really competitive and it felt good to get those volleyball muscles moving! Once a week is definitely not enough to satisfy my volleyball bug, so I will have to research some alternative locations to play.

During the game, one of the guys on the other team hit a particularly hard ball and it smacked me right on the side of the head. Luckily, it bounced right off and my team kept it in play and managed to win the point! Unfortunately, the side of my head is throbbing and I know I’m going to feel it in the morning.

I am almost certain I don’t have a concussion (despite this post’s title), because I coached volleyball for a number of years and I know what to look out for. I was able to remember the date, the current president, what I ate for lunch, etc. so I think I’m in the clear. I think I’ll definitely wake up with a pretty decent headache, though.

By the time I got home, I was ravenous and was so happy that my roommate had texted me while I was on the bus, saying that dinner was ready for me (sorry, no pictures, I forgot because I was too busy scarfing my food down!). I swear, I have the best housemates ever. They’re all leaving for various trips in the next few weeks and I want to have a big welcome home dinner when they get back. We were all in agreement that Mulan had to be the next movie night.

Now it’s already 10:30 and I am so wiped!!! I might even put off showering until tomorrow morning…don’t tell me you’ve never done that! I know, it’s gross, but my bed is calling to me and I think I just might answer.

Hope you guys have a great night, catch up with ya’ll in the AM!

One Response to “Concussed”

  1. Rebecca Lane August 23, 2012 at 10:57 pm #

    You need some arnica, darlin! Hugs.

Your turn to share!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: